Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Snack # 193 - Jalapeño Cheddar Ritz Bits






I'll be honest - I was NOT excited about trying these crackers. That fake processed cheese stuff really freaks me out, especially as in this snack where the makers included little green speckles in the cheese to let you know it was jalapeño flavor. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the true jalapeño flavor that they were able to get into the snack. Normally jalapeño just means "spicy" in chip-speak, but here, I tasted the true pepper flavor of the jalapeño, and it was kind of delicious. And it went really well with the buttery Ritz crackers it was sandwiched between. Unfortunately, while flavorful, it wasn't spicy at all.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 0/10

Bottom Line: a tasty, truely jalapeño flavored snack

Buy them here: Nabisco Big Bag Ritz Bits Jalapeno Cheese (12 Pack)

No comments: