Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Snack # 189 - Rebel Mary Peanuts


  
These flavor-dusted peanuts seek to fuse the drink and the ultimate bar snack into a single Frankenstein-esque snack. But like Dr. Frankenstein's monster, these have some hits and misses. The really weird thing about them was that each peanut I tried tasted like a different part of the Bloody Mary - one bite I got tomato, another time horseradish, and then Worcestershire. Cumulatively, it really was like drinking a crunchy, peanut-flavored Bloody Mary. These were in no way spicy though. And while Bloody Marys aren't necessarily knock-your-socks-off spicy, these promised a little more heat by calling themselves Spicy Bloody Mary flavored. My main problem with these peanuts was the flavor dust - it got all over my fingers, and to me there is nothing more gross that fingers coated in flavor dust. It makes me feel like I'm a little kid eating Cheetos with that orange powder covering everything in a 5 foot radius.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: .5/10
Bottom Line: when you don't have peanuts and a fresh Bloody Mary at the ready, try these

No comments: