Monday, August 29, 2011

Snack # 191 - Troyer Farms Jalapeño Flavor Kettle Cooked Potato Chips



I love roadtrips - the excitement of the open road, a good mix coming out of the speakers, and weird gas stations. Yes, weird gas stations. As a longtime explorer of spicy chips those small, independent gas stations are a veritable gold mine of new spicy snacks. And this weekend on a trip with some of my oldest friends, we stopped at several choice gas stations in locations I know nothing about except their distance to Chicago. These jalapeño kettle chips were nice and crunchy. Unfortunately they were also incredibly salty - almost too salty to taste anything else. But after a few more chips I was definitely feeling the heat. The heat didn't really have any flavor though.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 3/10

Bottom Line: not my best no-name gas station discovery

No comments: