Monday, March 28, 2011

Snack #152 - Archer Farms Hot & Spicy Potato Chips


I forgot to mention this in the last post, but good work Target in creating a resealable chip bag! Now I frequently fail the Lays "betcha can't eat just one" test, but I also try to avoid eating a whole bag of chips in a sitting if I can help it. The resealable bag is a genius idea and I don't know why other companies haven't jumped on the bandwagon. Hear that other companies?? Get on the bandwagon!

Bag issues addressed, now onto the chip itself. And these were some fiery ones! It's nice to finally eat a spicy chip that is spicy in more than just it's name - it feels like it's been a while. The heat hits you immediately with a cough-inducing blast of black pepper. After a few more, I started to taste some cayenne and maybe even a little vinegar. But the initial heat stuck with me for quite a while until it dissipated into a not altogether unpleasant sweetness. These chips also had the nice crunch that I've come to expect from a kettle cooked chip.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 7/10
Bottom Line: get yourself to Target!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there's got to be more spicy products out there to add! love your site!