Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Snack #77 - FoodShouldTasteGood Buffalo Tortilla Chips





I am not sure what this tastes like, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't taste like a buffalo wing. The bag advertises that the chips are made with cayenne pepper, vinegar, and garlic and those are literally the only ingredients outside of those necessary to make a chip (flour, oil, sugar). I suppose it's nice to eat something without all of the additives and chemicals, but if it makes for a tasty chip, I say bring on the chemicals! These chips definitely pack some nice heat, a gradual heat that you don't even realize until it's there. There's this weird flavor going on that I can't place, and given that there are only like 5 ingredients is especially confusing. Maybe it's the vinegar.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 3/10

Bottom Line: Sorry for the vagaries, but these just really taste weird

No comments: