Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snack #72- Herr’s Ragin’ Ranch flavored Potato Chips

Herr’s Ragin’ Ranch flavored Potato Chips

First, I’d just like to mention that this bag is about three times bigger than it needs to be. There are about 20 chips inside a bag that could fit a 2-liter bottle of soda. I also was a little wary of the ranch/heat combination because it always seemed to me that ranch was a cool flavor. And I have to say, I don’t love them. I can’t really taste the ranch or the pepper flavors and they end up just tasting salty, like regular Herr’s potato chips. I think there is a slight ranch flavor but it is hard to distinguish and overall I am not impressed by the flavor of these chips.

note: I apparently neglected to take a picture of the actual chips here but rest assured that they looked eerily similar to a classic unflavored ridged potato chip.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 0/10
Bottom Line: Just regular potato chips.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer

hey, maybe they should package it WITH the soda!

Anonymous said...

I had these over the weekend and I loved them. My wife got them because she thought they were cheap. In my opinion, these were plenty spicy and were divine with beer. Sorry you didn't care for them but I will be getting more. Then again, maybe, I had a good batch but maybe you had the bad batch. Regardless, I'll be getting more soon.

Anonymous said...

These are delicious! They are definitely in my top 5 chips ever! They have a creamy ranch flavor with a nice amount of heat. Very good flavor combination.