Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snack #71- Herr’s Oven Baked Snack Friez ‘Hot-Hot-Hot’


Herr’s Oven Baked Snack Friez ‘Hot-Hot-Hot’

I managed to escape Central America for a few days, and these are some gems I came across in my native Philadelphia. It was somewhat of a shock to have spicy snacks again after failing to discover any in Costa Rica, but I am still convinced that my taste buds can accurately rate even the spiciest of snacks. These ‘friez’ are certainly spicy. They are fairly light and crispy although a little denser than many other hot fries. The initial flavor is fake cheddar cheese, followed by a chili pepper kick. I’ll be honest, I coughed a little at the heat burning my tongue and the back of my throat simultaneously. The heat lasts for a while too, burning all flavor of cheese out of the mouth.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 5/10

Bottom Line: Crunchy, cheesy, chili.

No comments: