Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Snack #58: Exotic Chips Manioc Chili




The hot chicks quest for new spicy chips once again leads us out of the country.... this time to Italy, for a truly international chip experience. I happened across a free trade-type store in Rome where I found these German imported chips from Jakarta. I'm not really sure what that makes them exactly.

On first appearance, or rather smell, I was pretty worried. They smelled gross, like feet. Nevertheless, I powered through and actually, they taste pretty good. There was a definite chili powder flavor that packed some nice heat as I worked my way through the bag.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 6/10

Bottom Line: A tasty international treat if you can get over the smell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're back ont eh quest for the best!