Thursday, September 1, 2011

Snack # 195 - Rhythm Superfoods Mango Habanero Kale Chips



Kale chips are great - super healthy and easy to make - just pop them in the oven with some olive oil and salt and you've got yourself a tasty snack loaded with vitamins and minerals. These kale chips, on the other hand, were disgusting. In the interest of bringing you the spiciest snack I could find, I chose the mango habanero flavor at the supermarket, knowing full well that the idea of kale and mango together sounded horrifying. And I was not wrong. The flavor was so overwhelmingly weird, I really don't know where to begin. I first tasted the sweetness of the mango, which as I suspected didn't really complement the green taste of the crunchy kale. And then heat - and it was HOT! That habanero flavor was no joke. After a few more bites I also tasted a cheese-like flavor, which might have been from the cashew butter in the ingredients given that this was a vegan snack.

Rating on the Spice-O-Meter: 6/10

Bottom Line: make them yourself - without the mango

Buy them here: Rhythm Superfoods Mango Habanero Kale Chips but probably try a different flavor...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are those reviews from MONGOLIA? Cna't wait to see the spicy snacks from there!!